Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chocolate Frosting

When I was growing up, my sisters and I would take turns making the dessert. Usually Samantha would make the cake and I would make the frosting. I usually did it by feel and the look and textured of the frosting. It more often then not came out perfect. I hope it works for you.

1/2 cup butter
3 tablespoons cocoa
12-16 oz powered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
pinch of salt
2 teaspoons vanilla

  1. Melt the butter in the microwave.
  2. Mix the cocoa into the butter.
  3. Pour melted butter cocoa into a bowl that has the powdered sugar in it.
  4. Add salt, vanilla, and a tablespoon of the milk.
  5. Beat together until smooth.
  6. If it is too stiff, add more milk. If it is too runny add more powered sugar. 
  7. Frost on cake or brownies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment