Monday, July 25, 2011
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
I got this recipe from one of my roommates, Lanor Neff from College. It is also one of my husbands favorite breakfast.
1/2 cup of butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk6 eggs
1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt the butter in the oven while preheating it in a 9x13 cake pan.
- In a another mixing bowl blend together the eggs, milk salt and flour.
- Pour into the pan with the melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of syrup.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoons salt
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Remove from heat and mix in 2 cups sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Chill dough in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets
- Place 3/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll dough balls in sugar to coat. Arrange 3 inches apart on the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven. the cookies will look soft when removed from oven. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool. Then eat and enjoy. Makes about 51 cookies.
6 cups cooked cubed chicken
3 cups chopped celery
2 1/2 cups grape halves
4 oz slivered almonds or cashews
1/2 cup green onions chopped
1 cup apple chopped (optional)
1 cup miracle whip
1 cup mayonnaise
8oz cream cheese
salt to taste
- Mix together the chicken, celery, grape halves, almonds, onions and apples if using.
- In another bowl combine the miracle whip mayonnaise, cream cheese and salt to taste.
- Stir dressing into the chicken mixture until well combined.
- Serve in rolls or croissants.
Monday, July 4, 2011
This was a big hit on the 4th of July. Thanks taste of home.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 quarts strawberries, halved, divided
- 2 quarts blueberries, divided
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese sugar, and exacts until fluffy. Fold in Whipped cream. Place a third of the mixture in a 4 quart bowl. Reserve 20 strawberry halves and 1/2 cup blueberries for garnish.
- Layer half the remaining strawberries and blueberries over cream cheese mixture. Top with another third of the cream cheese mixture and remaining berries. Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on top. Use the reserved strawberries and blueberries to make a flag on top. Eat and enjoy.