1-1.5 ounce package of Four Cheese sauce mix
4 cups water
1-14 ounce can vegetable broth or chicken broth
1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1-9 ounce package dried cheese tortellini
1-12 ounce can evaporated milk
6 cups baby spinach leaves
ground black pepper
Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Whisk the four cheese mix with the water in a 4 quart crock pot.
- Stir in the broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or high 2 1/2 -3 hours.
- Stir in dried tortellini and cook an additional hour for low, 45 minutes on high.
- Stir in evaporated milk, and fresh spinach.
- If desired sprinkle individual serving with Parmesan cheese and ground pepper.
- Makes 4servings.