This is my own recipe I have made over the years. It is similar to the chocolate frosting. To me nothing compares to homemade frosting.
1/2 cup butter
12-16 ounces powered sugar
2-4 tablespoons milk
pinch of salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Pour melted butter into a bowl that has the powdered sugar in it.
- Add salt, vanilla, and a tablespoon of the milk.
- Beat together until smooth.
- If it is too stiff, add more milk. If it is too runny add more powered sugar.
- Frost on cake or brownies.