I adapted if from allrecipes.
2 cups shredded chicken
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
15 ounce can black beans
1-4 ounce can diced green chilies
10 ounces red enchilada sauce
8 6 inch corn tortilla
2 cups shredded cheese
8 ounces sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix together the shredded chicken with the garlic powder, cumin, chilies, black beans (rinse and drain the beans first) in a bowl.
- Pour half the enchilada sauce in a 7x11 inch baking pan that has sprayed with cooking spray.
- Lay half the tortillas on the sauce in the pan over lapping if necessary.
- Lay half the chicken mixture over the tortilla.
- Spread with half the cheese.
- Spread half the sour cream over the cheese.
- Spoon the remaining enchilada sauce over the the sour cream layer.
- Lay with the remaining tortillas, followed by the rest of the chicken.
- Cover with a lid of tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Dot with the rest of the sour cream and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Eat with salsa and green lettuce. So good.