1/2 cup really warm water(bath water temperature)
3 tablespoons yeast
1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup boiling water
1/2 melted shortening
6-8 cups flour
- Mix the yeast with the really warm water in a bowl and set aside for later.
- In a Bosch or other type mixer mix together the evaporated milk, sugar, and salt.
- Heat the 1 cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes or until it has reached a boil. Add it to the mixture.
- Melt the shortening and mix it in.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix it the yeast that was set aside.
- Mix in 6-8 cups of flour. Add flour until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Roll out on a floured surface until about 1/3 of an inch thick.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter and fold in half and place on a cookies sheet 4 across 9 down.
- Let in raise in the pan for 20-30 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes about 45 rolls.