1 1/2 cups butter softened
2 cups sugar
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons almond extract(optional)
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add in the 3 eggs extracts, and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly one cup at a time add to the butter mixture. Don't over mix or dough will be tough.
- Put dough in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough out a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out with a cookie cutter of your choice.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool.
- Frost with your favorite butter cream frosting. This recipe is my favorite. You can also color the frosting with food coloring of your choice. We chose yellow.
- And of course what sugar cookie is complete without sprinkles. yummy.