2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt\
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins wit muffin papers. (Do not us cooking spray).
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tarter, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in another bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Beat in half the dry ingredients.
- Beat in the sour cream and buttermilk.
- Beat in the rest of the dry ingredients just unit moist.
- To make the topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon and sugar on the bottom of each of the muffin papers.
- Scoop balls of batter into each paper.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon and sugar of the muffins.
- Bake until muffin tops are golden brown, about 18-20 minutes.
- Set on wire rack to cool. Enjoy.
- Makes 22-24 muffins.