8 green peppers
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 can tomato paste
1/3 cup vinegar
1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Scald the tomatoes in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes. Just until the skin slides off easily. Dice finely and put them in a pot on the stove.
- Chop finely the onions, green peppers and jalapenos and add them to the tomatoes in the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Simmer on the stove for 1 hour.
- Ladle in pint jars.
- Wipe the tops of the jars and place the canning lides and rings and tighten them.
- Seal them in a pressure cooker at 7 pounds pressure.
- Take them out and let them cool for 12 hours. Store them in a cool dry room. Eat throughout the year with chip tacos or any other dish you desire.