I found this recipe thanks to supermom found here. I love pasta and tacos. This recipe was the perfect recipe of both worlds. Enjoy
1 pound ground beef
12 ounces medium pasta shells
1 small onion chopped
1 garlic clove minced
14 ounce can tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
3 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet brown the beef, and onions over medium high heat.
- Drain the grease and add in the diced tomatoes, garlic and taco seasoning.
- Let simmer over medium heat 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream, and remaining pasta water.
- Stir until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended.
- Serve with fresh cilantro if desired.