1/2 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease light color baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest and lemon juice. Scrape sides and mix again.
- Mix in the salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour until just combined.
- Pour powdered sugar onto a plate.
- Roll 1 inch balls in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for about 2-5 minutes . Remove onto cooling rake.
- Makes about 2 dozen.