I found this on Pinterest Here. I am sure my mom make this when I was growing up as well. Anyway it is way good. Not to mention so easy to make even my husband could make it. A great Christmas treat to give away to friends or coworker too. Enjoy.
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips(milk chocolate is my all time favorite)
40 saltine crackers
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 15x12 cookies sheet with foil and spray with Pam.
- Lay a single layer of crackers out on the foil.
- Measure out the 2 cups of chocolate chips and set them aside.
- In a medium sauce pan melt and bring to a boil the butter and brown sugar.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until thick.
- Pour brown sugar butter mixture over the cracker making sure they are evenly coated.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until toffee becomes bubbly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the toffee; let them sit and then when they melt evenly spread the chocolate over the toffee.
- You can add nuts cracker crumbs or whatever else you choose.
- Let them cool then break them into desired pieces. I prefer to break them into half of a regular cracker size. Enjoy.