Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Homemade Pancake Mix

This has got to be the best pancake mix let alone pancakes I have ever made. My whole family just raved about them. It was so easy to mix together the ingredients for the mix. Next time I make them it will save so much time because I will only have to add the egg water mix and oil. LOVE IT. I will defiantly be making these again soon. I hope you'll also give these a try. You'll be glad you did.
I adapted the recipe from  Super Healthy Kids.

2 cups whole wheat flour
3 cups white flour
1 1/4 cups powdered milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 cup baking powder
1 tablespoon salt

  1. Store in an airtight container or a Ziploc baggie. I used a gallons size bag as pictured.

1 1/2 cups pancake mix
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
1 egg


  1. Whisk together the mix, oil, water, and egg. 
  2. Pour by 1/4 cup onto preheated griddle. About 1-2 minutes on each side.
  3. Flip when middle bubbles. Cook another 1-2 minutes. 
  4. Makes about 8. Enjoy either maple syrup on them or Caramel

No comments:

Post a Comment