Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Apple Oatmeal Muffins


I've had this recipe for quite some time and decided to make them this morning. They are a good filling muffin let me tell you. Not really sure where I got the recipe though. I hope you enjoy them.

1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tart apple shredded ( I used Granny Smith)
1/2 cup raisins

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
  3. In a separate bowl, beat egg slightly.
  4. Mix in with the egg the milk, oil, vanilla and brown sugar.
  5. Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
  6. Stir in the apple and raisins.
  7. Place equally into 12 paper lined muffins cups.
  8. Bake for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment