Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lemon Bars

This is a recipe that  I won a blue 1st place ribbon at the Caribou County Fair when I was a senior in high school. I've made them dozens of times always with rave reviews. I hope you like them as much as I do.

Crust:

1/2 cup butter softened
1 cup flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt

  1. Cream the butter with the powdered sugar and salt. Gradually add in the flour. 
  2. Press the dough into the the bottom and onto the sides slightly of a 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan.
  3. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Filling:
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon flour
3 tablespoons lemon juice

  1. While the crust is baking, blend together the eggs, lemon juice, sugar and flour. 
  2. Pour immediately into hot crust and bake at 350 for another 15-20 minutes.
  3. Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. 
Tip: these turn out even better when fresh squeezed lemon juice is used.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment