Thursday, November 15, 2012

Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread

I have always loved pumpkin bread, so I had to try this recipe. Let me tell you it is a keeper.My 4 year old daughter Kirsten said this about the pumpkin bread:"This is the yummyest pumpkin bread in the whole world." I would have to agree.  I found it here at allrecipes. 

15 ounces pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Grease and flour 2- 9x5 inch loaf pans
  3. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
  4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. 
  5. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture just until blended.
  6. Pour into prepared pans.
  7. Bake for about 50-65 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpicks inserted in the center comes out clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment